- NSI fellow Trudie Schils has been granted nearly 250.000 by the Dutch ministry of Education (OCW) for the research project “Doen wat ik kan” on whether self reflection by teens improves their performance at school. This project originates from the NSI project The Effect of Early Childhood Interventions on the Development of Children and participation of Parents.
- CPB has published a paper of NSI fellows Semih Akcomak, Lex Borghans and Bas ter Weel on their CPB-NSI research project Measuring and interpreting trends in the division of labour in the Netherlands. Click on the links for the CPB Press release and an extensive summary of the paper on Me Judice (both in Dutch).
- NSI has received a subsidy from the ‘Provincie Limburg’ of 500.000. Jos Hessels of the ‘Provincie Limburg expects the local economy to benefit from the knowledge created by NSI.
- An interview with NSI’s board member Paul Iske on reducing regulations in the province of Limburg on Limburg 3.0.
- The NSI focusgroup on Human Resource Development had its second meeting on 6 October 2010.
- An interview with NSI’s board member Paul Iske on open business models has appeared in De Telegraaf of 9 september 2010 (in Dutch).
- An interview with NSI’s Chair Andries de Grip on the discipline of the labour market has appeared in the AWVN magazine Werkgeven (in Dutch).
- An article on NSI affiliate Ruud Gerards‘ research concerning the Philips Employment Scheme has appeared in the Jaarverslag Philips Werkgelegenheidsplan 2009 on pages 24-25 (in Dutch).
- The article The role of family involvement in fostering an innovation-supportive stewardship culture of NSI fellows Yannick Bammens, Anita Van Gils & Wim Voordeckers won the Best Family Business Paper Award on the Academy of Management Annual Meeting (Entrepreneurship Division) held from 6-10 August 2010 in Montreal, Canada.
- On 6 September 2010 NSI board members Paul Iske and Anita Van Gils presented during the opening of the academic year of Maastricht University. Paul Iske talked about the Next generation university during the morning seminar and Anita van Gils discussed Innovation in family businesses at the Entrepreneurs meeting. An interview with Paul Iske can be found here (pages 22-25) and the powerpoint presentation used by Anita van Gils on the Entrepreneurs meeting can be found here.
- The article Learning at work, by Andries de Grip, published in “De Telegraaf”.
- The article: Human capital remains important in economic crisis, by Andries de Grip, published in “Limburg Onderneemt“
- The article: One third of working time is time in which workers learn, by Andries de Grip
Published in “Leeuwarder Courant”
Published in “NU Zakelijk”
Published in “De Stentor/Zwolse Courant”
Published in “De Stentor/Veluws Dagblad”
Published in “ANP“