- NSI invited colleagues of Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) to submit research project proposals qualifying for co-financing, that contribute to NSI’s aims and meet NSI criteria.
- The deadline for submitting project proposals was December 5th 2011.
- NSI’s Think Tank member Erwin Janssen (Director Dolmans Landscaping Group) had appeared in Dagblad De Limburger, 10 November 2011 (article in Dutch).
- The paper The Effects of Training on Own and Co-Worker Productivity: Evidence from a Field Experiment by Andries de Grip and Jan Sauermann had been accepted for publication in The Economic Journal.
- NSI Project Results oriented entrepreneurship (RGO+, Anita van Gils and Roy Broersma) has appeared in Dagblad De Limburger, 26 July 2011 (article in Dutch).
- NSI’s Think Tank member Archi Leenaers (President Anatech B.V) has appeared in Dagblad De Limburger, 16 July 2011 (article in Dutch).
- Andries de Grip has appeared in Rabobank journal Impuls about “the attractiveness of the Limburg labour market”, 3 July 2011 (article in Dutch).
- Andries de Grip has appeared in OR Informatie, June 2011, about “Een leven lang leren”
- Ruud Gerards has appeared in OR Informatie 6, June 2011 (article in Dutch).
- On May 28th 2011 Thomas Thijssens and Gerla van Breugel gave a workshop on Social Innovation to UM SBE alumni.
- Ruud Gerards and Andries de Grip have appeared in “Jaarverslag Certificering Vakmanschap 2010, Leven lang leren loont” Article Ruud Gerards, Article Andries de Grip
- Semih Akcomak, Lex Borghans and Bas ter Weel have published an article on the global distribution of tasks on MeJudice.
- The SEEK-ZEW research proposal The division of tasks, offshoring and the competitiveness of Europe’s knowledge economy by Bas ter Weel, Semih Akcomak, Lex Borghans has been granted.
- Ruud Gerards has appeared in the Dutch newspaper Trouw on March 25th: “Scholing baat laagopgeleiden én bedrijf”.
- A column on health care innovation written by Paul Iske will appear in trendwatcher Adjiedj Bakas forthcoming book about the future of health (in Dutch).
- INSCOPE has published its annual report 2008-2009.
- University of Twente organises a seminar on “Open Innovation for Global Enterprise” on March 10 2011.
- Wim Gijselaers and Mien Segers have appeared in the February edition of Limburg Onderneemt (supplement to the Dutch newspaper Dagblad De Limburger of 22 February), “Stimuleer wisselwerking jongere en oudere experts”.
- An article about flexible working arrangements and unemployment by Frank Cörvers, Rob Euwals and Andries de Grip has been published in MeJudice (in Dutch).
- An article about female labour participation, by Lex Borghans, is published in “Reformatorisch Dagblad” (in Dutch).
- NSI board members Anita van Gils and Andries de Grip have received a subsidy of 180.000 from the Province of Limburg for a PhD project on Social Innovation and “Resultaatgericht ondernemen”. In this project NSI will join forces with Syntens. For the content of the project and the PhD’s job profile, click here (in Dutch).
- ABN-AMRO starts a pilot project called SmartJobs in January 2011 and is looking for researchers to analyse the project’s results. Contact Anita van Gils for more information about this project and to express any interest in the project. Please do so before mid January 2011.